Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Thoughts on a Tuesday Morning...

As you all may know, the Gamecocks beat Florida this past Saturday for the first time since 1939. I am slightly happy (understatement). I never thought this day would come - we have beaten Tennessee and Florida in the same year, and darn near beat Georgia to boot. Maybe next year. Either way, we are assured of getting a decent bowl game this year and an even better one when we beat the hated Clumpson Tiggers this Saturday. BOOO TIGGERS!

I saw a banner someone hung on an overpass over Georgia 400 on the way into work this morning, it said 'Who would Jesus torture?'. I don't know exactly what this means, but I suppose the person that hung it up there was referring to the treatment of Islamic Terrorist murderers by the U.S. Government in the current War on Terror. The sign makes a good point, and basically encapsulates this war raging, Jesus wouldn't torture anyone, and we all know from Christian teachings that we should love thy neighbor and be kind and all that.

I guess the real question to be asked would be 'Who would Muhammad torture?' and then we would have our answer. How about a banner reading 'Who would Muhammad Suicide Bomb?', or 'Who would Muhammad behead?', these would more accurately portray the state of current world events.

Needless to say I don't really know if the author of that banner was for or against our treatment of Islamic Radical Terrorists (murderers)or not (actually I do), but I can guess that the author is against anything the U.S. does to protect themselves, and is blind to the duality inherent in the statement that they hung over a captive audience of commuters on their way to work.

Good job. Definitely makes me realize how right we are in this war.

Oh and I bet the banner smells like patchoulli.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home