Sunday, October 30, 2005

16-15 GameCOCKS!

How bout them Gamecocks!?!

For the first time in 13 Years, the South Carolina Gamecocks Beat the Tennersee Volunteeerssss.

Hell yes!

Now in case you were wondering, that was the game I was first hooked on Gamecock and SEC football. In 1992 I was a first year Graduate student at South Carolina. I didnt know much about SEC and USC football, I just came there from Big Ten country. And LO...I was at a game on a crisp fall afternoon when the Gamecocks upset the mighty Volunteers in Columbia. The crowd was INSANE. Cups were flying through the air. HIllbillies wearing orange overalls were MOCKED. It was a group emotion I have never experienced since.

"Spurrier, wearing glasses and not his trademark visor, improved his record against Tennessee to 10-5. It was his first visit to Neyland Stadium since 2000, a 27-23 win by the Gators after a controversial touchdown catch. "

``I've finally got a new line -- God is smiling on the Gamecocks. That was my line after close wins at Florida,'' he said.

-- The new Coach, Spurrier...

13 Years later and we beat them again. I had no clue how long it would be.

This is sweet.

Cocks are BOWLBOUND!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just knew you'd have a blog on this game. I just didn't realize you'd stay up until 1:00 to do it. Congrats to the Gamecocks. Greg says it's because you finally have the right coach - Steve "Superior".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home