Thursday, June 30, 2005

FOOTBALL!


Cocks Win! Posted by Hello

2001 South Carolina Outback Bowl Victory

w00t!

It's about a month until we start our fantasy football season draft and then of course the beginning of football season - both college and NFL. The SETTL (South East Trash Talking League) is already starting its plans for how to perform the draft, etc. and I am sure that this upcoming year will be another fantastic failure for the StumpGrinderzz, except for dominating the loser Coach THUGG. But hey, hopefully my #1 pick will stay healthy all season.

In a shameless effort get web traffic going more on this blog, I am going to pose a question to yall...do you care about this American passion known as football? and if so, relate some of your fave teams, players or times spent involved in this great American pastime.

Of course - as you shall soon learn - my football passion, or masochism, revolves around the South Carolina Gamecocks. If the Cocks are playing, I'm either at the game, watching it on TV, or listening to it on the internet - usually cussing up a storm because we traditionally stink so much. But one thing I'll never forget was in 1992 when we beat Tennessee in Columbia. What an exciting moment that was when we stopped Travis Henry from scoring a two pointer against us to take the lead. Another one was in 1993 when Brandon Bennett went over the top on a fourth and goal to beat Georgia in Athens. I was in Athens for that with some of my UGA friends, man what a blast.

What's your story?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Curleygirl said...

Auburn-Florida State, 1992 (I think). Last time AU played them at home while I was in school. And we beat them in the last few minutes. Yay! Stupid Bowdens. Anyone else remember that game?

And for the record, I'm still ticked about how Auburn got jilted this year on the National Championship. Boooooo!!!!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger P-Dogg said...

Yeah - Auburn definitely did get gypped this year after going undefeated. I'm pretty sure they woulda beat Oklahoma, and gave Southern Cal (The OTHER USC) a run for their money, if not wreaked reveng upon them for a couple years ago.

Oh well, until theres a playoff we get to keep doing this over and over and over every year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home