Friday, June 10, 2005

Geography Trivia Question O' the day

In a seemingly futile attempt to make the U.S.A. a much more geographically aware country, I am introducing daily geography trivia questions. Now try to do this without using the web to find the answers, I know, I know, that's no fun. But hey, give it a shot, right? I'll start easy and the second question will be for the experts.

1) What's the name of the river that flows through the city of London, UK?

2) How many two digit interstates are in the State of Georgia?

Answers to be posted tomorrow....may the force be with you.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sean said...

without going online

1)Thames
2)I'm gonna say 5. (I really should guess six, cause i'm prob missing one in S. Georgia.)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Curleygirl said...

1) Thames, duh
2) Ok, I cheated on the interstate one. I was gonna say four (75, 85, 20, and the one that goes near Savannah, which I couldn't remember the number but I knew it was 2 digits so I was looking it up). Isn't the definition of "interstate" a highway that runs between the states? If so, wouldn't a highway that is within a state be called in "intrastate"? If I'm wrong, I want to protest this question and demand that it be removed from consideration. Otherwise, yay me!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there's no use answering now, because everybody else got there before me. So, I'll just say the river is the Tigris-Euphrates river(s) and there are sixty five 2-lane interstates that are in the state of London. How's that for an answer?

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 members of the Eisenhower Interstate system in GA with 2 digits. I almost said 5, but then I remembered 59 and a few miles of 24 up near the TAG area.

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah man, this was the question that we missed and I was so pissed about - I forgot I-95 and I thought I was being all slick and knowing I-59 and I-24 - as obscure as they are. Well, just thought I'd throw it out there for old times sake. If I remember correctly, we ended up winning money that night because everyone know that the Curley Brothers BRING THA NOIZEE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home