Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Date night

Wednesday is here and for the past two weeks that has meant that Grandma Buna will be babysitting baby-girl tonight so that Angie and I can go out to dinner. Tonight's menu will include that forbidden fruit known as sushi, something the new Momma could not eat for the past nine months. Hopefully all her raw fish needs will be satiated with this dinner.

yum.

Last night we discovered the joys of gas medicine for the baby, a couple drops of that stuff and she quieted down from screaming bloody murder to her usual happy coo-ing baby self within minutes. Of course I was on my way out the door to softball when she was at her worst (sorry APC!) and I am overjoyed to hear that the drops worked like a charm.

Oh by the way we destroyed an obviously outclassed CH2MHill softball team last night 23-1. They were BAD. Error-mania. No hitting whatsoever, you should have heard the cheer that erupted from their bench when they scored their lone run in the 5th inning. It's kind of funny though because they are my company's #1 competitor and it makes it all that more fun to beat the snot out of em.

On a political note, I missed the president's speech last night but I'm sure it was more of the same 'we must stay the course in Iraq' stuff, which for some reason has to be said over and over again ad nauseam. But I saw this headline in the news this morning:

Bush critics call for more troops in Iraq.

HUH???? I am thoroughly confused. Must have been a heck of a speech to all of a sudden get these 'critics' to want to send more troops to Iraq. And here all along (as of yesterday anyways) I thought they were all clamoring for a withdrawal date to be established? You mean they actually want us to win the war? who'd a thunk it? Give it one day and their tune will change.

*head spinning*

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home