Friday, May 27, 2005

Thoughts from the commute...

Which was crazy light this morning. Memorial Day weekend is upon us and the adage 'calm before the storm' usually applies to Friday morning traffic on holiday weekends. Everyone will be leaving early this afternoon to go to the beach or Lake Lanier and gridlocking Atlanta's highways once again.

Kitten asked me a question this morning during the newscast on the TV about the Guantanamo 'detainees' - "What are they going to do with them?". Good question that I don't know the answer to. It seems the MSM (Main Stream Media) is full bore on making sure we feel sorry for these 'people' that are kept at the detention facility there in Cuba by US military forces. Every day this week it's 'alleged detainee abuse' this..and 'mishandled Quran'that. Who cares? All I know is that these 'people' kept in this facility did not fight for any recognized army, did not fight wearing any identifiable uniform, fought against our troops in Afghanistan, and did not fight for the cause of freedom. Wait a minute, did I say 'fight' four times there? Yup, that's right. These guys were fighting, not peacefully sitting around smoking their opium or whatever talking about peace and love. Know who and what they were fighting against? The list is long, including tolerance, women, religious freedom, innocent life, homosexuals, and western civilization in general. The most important item on that list? Us. Americans. I'm American, and I don't like people that threaten me with violence. They can rot for all I care.

And this whole Quran 'mishandling' business? Again, who cares? I'm already tired of hearing about it, it's a freaking book. Yes I know that it represents an aspect of a major world religion, but really, its a book. It's not like we're bombing Mecca and all their Islamic holy sites, that would be extremely sacreligious, but it's an item that is made of paper that has ink scrawled in it saying some stuff. Let's just say 'P&ss Christ' offends me, but I don't see Amnesty International screaming about it or the MSM playing it up day after day after day. Probably because it doesn't have anything to do with making President Bush looking bad.

Heard a great term on the Zone this morning - 'Crane-iac'. Heh, thats what they're calling the guy who's still on the crane in Buckhead this morning. He's been up there 36 hours already. You have to wonder how this will end, but I'll place my money on something not as fantastic as a lot of people are saying might happen, I bet he just climbs down. Booooring.....

Find an aerial photo of any location in the USA!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home